The Vice President, Quality and Data Analytics provides transformative vision, strategic leadership for short and long-term priorities and goals, and day-to-day management for University of Maryland Medical System's clinical quality data analytics and application intending to improve organization-wide clinical outcomes, identify and implement clinical operations efficiencies, and achieve pay for performance, value-based care payment program goals. This individual will:
- Provide strategic direction and indirect day-to-day management of the System's quality performance and value-based care programs.
- Provide strategic direction and indirect day-to-day management of the organization's Business Intelligence and Regulatory Policy Department that leverages data as an asset to create improved clinical, operational, and financial outcomes.
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day management of the organization's Patient Safety program and the initiatives for UMMS to achieve the highest level of reliability throughout the System.
- Act as the senior quality leader of the organization to foster a commitment to quality and data analytics through all levels and all departments of the organization.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in nursing, business, engineering, physical sciences, life sciences, and/or closely related fields required. Physician preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience at a director or higher level, managing the quality management and/or data analytics with performance improvement responsibility for a large academic medical center or multi-hospital system.
- Ten years of related experience required, preferably with strong clinical knowledge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) was created in 1984 when the state-owned University Hospital became a private, not-for-profit organization. It has evolved into a multi-hospital system with academic, community and specialty service missions reaching every part of the state and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. It also has one of the world's largest kidney transplant programs, as well as scores of other programs that improve the physical and mental health of thousands of people daily.
Physician Sourcing and Retention Specialist
phone: (443) 462-5236