Join the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, as we undergo a major expansion of our current program! We are seeking two Assistant or Associate Professor level candidates, to join our current 3 physicians and NP in our expanding peds neurology program.
- Superb working environment
- Collaborate with experts in neuroradiology, behavioral pediatrics, neuropsychology and the Shock-Trauma Center
- Exciting opportunities to work with faculty of the Neuroscience Graduate Program located on the Medical Campus
- Strong inpatient and outpatient epilepsy practice with ability for inpatient monitoring
- State of the art 52-bed Level IV NICU
- 19 bed PICU
- 6 bed IMC
- 29 general pediatric beds
- 20 bed Pediatric Emergency Department
- U.S. News & World Report top 50 Pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery Center!
- Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Certification in Child Neurology
- J1 or H1B waiver Physicians welcome to apply!
- Very generous leave package
- Dependent tuition remission for any school within the University of Maryland system
- Excellent pension/retirement plans
- Very competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Call schedule not more than 1 in 4
University of Maryland Children's Hospital has a renowned Children’s Headache Program and a continuous Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. Identifying suitable candidates with additional training in Epilepsy is a major focus of this recruitment effort. We have recently expanded our critical care, cardiac, and neonatology services providing opportunities for career development. An NIH funded program project grant on interventions for neonatal hypoxia-ischemia with or without inflammation is opening new opportunities for translational and/or preclinical research. Our Division of Behavioral and Developmental Pediatrics is also expanding, which will offer additional opportunities for collaboration.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Client DescriptionThe University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the heart of the University of Maryland Medical System's downtown campus. The hospital provides comprehensive care for the West Baltimore community and tertiary care for Maryland and the surrounding area. The hospital has more intensive care beds than any other hospital in Maryland.
UMMC is an 814-licensed bed medical center offering inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as emergency and urgent care. Long known for exceptional treatment in trauma, cancer and children’s medicine, UMMC continues to be a leader in preparing physicians to care for patients in a variety of fields. Our 8900 employees—highly trained and dedicated staff, nurses and physicians—provide patients with the most innovative treatment through the latest technology.
UMMC serves community health care and education with the commitment of improving Baltimore and its residents. We are a valued employer and a strong presence in the West Baltimore community and throughout the state.
Baltimore is one of the most interesting Mid-Atlantic cities for entertainment and affordable living. Packed with art, music and sports, Baltimore has plenty to do each season. Weekends host some of the best ethnic and music festivals, outdoor dining and shopping. The surrounding area offers up rail trails that run north to Pennsylvania and across Western Maryland. Hiking, biking, tubing and even whitewater rafting satisfies outdoor interests.
Baltimore is home to many neighborhoods with distinct personalities that attract people from all over the country. There is also a strong collection of colleges and universities, as well as public and private schools. With a hometown symphony, baseball and football teams, and a variety of seafood and local charm, Baltimore serves as a comfortable yet stimulating town.
Physician Sourcing and Retention Specialist
phone: (443) 462-5236