University of Maryland Medical Associates, LLC (administered by University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc.), is seeking the service of a dynamic, skillful, and energetic Family Medicine physician to provide urgent care at the University of Maryland’s newest off campus site in Columbia, Maryland.
- Hour of operations: Mon-Fri from 8am to 8pm and weekends from 8am to 6pm
- Examining patients and assessing symptoms and physical information
- Administering and prescribing medications treatments
- Ordering, executing, and analyzing various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition
- Proving patient education and methods regarding treatment of various conditions.
- Documenting the patient’s visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action
Qualified applicants will possess:
- Doctoral degree in Medicine; Board certification in Family Medicine or eligibility for certification
- ALS/BCLS required
- 3-5 years of clinical experience; experience with ambulatory EMR preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, and/or publishing
- Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, and/or publishing; ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with patients, patient’s families, departmental units, and medical and nursing staff on all essential matters.
Client DescriptionThe University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the heart of the University of Maryland Medical System's downtown campus. The hospital provides comprehensive care for the West Baltimore community and tertiary care for Maryland and the surrounding area. The hospital has more intensive care beds than any other hospital in Maryland.
UMMC is an 814-licensed bed medical center offering inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as emergency and urgent care. Long known for exceptional treatment in trauma, cancer and children’s medicine, UMMC continues to be a leader in preparing physicians to care for patients in a variety of fields. Our 8900 employees—highly trained and dedicated staff, nurses and physicians—provide patients with the most innovative treatment through the latest technology.
UMMC serves community health care and education with the commitment of improving Baltimore and its residents. We are a valued employer and a strong presence in the West Baltimore community and throughout the state.
Baltimore is one of the most interesting Mid-Atlantic cities for entertainment and affordable living. Packed with art, music and sports, Baltimore has plenty to do each season. Weekends host some of the best ethnic and music festivals, outdoor dining and shopping. The surrounding area offers up rail trails that run north to Pennsylvania and across Western Maryland. Hiking, biking, tubing and even whitewater rafting satisfies outdoor interests.
Baltimore is home to many neighborhoods with distinct personalities that attract people from all over the country. There is also a strong collection of colleges and universities, as well as public and private schools. With a hometown symphony, baseball and football teams, and a variety of seafood and local charm, Baltimore serves as a comfortable yet stimulating town.
Physician Sourcing and Retention Specialist
phone: (443) 462-5236