The Department of Family and Community Medicine seeks an energetic board-certified Family Medicine Physician to join their faculty in Baltimore, MD.
- Blended position: Passion for teaching and practicing
- Enthusiastic family physician with great clinical and teaching skills
- Assisting in all aspects of resident and medical student education including teaching and supervision of residents and medical students.
- Busy academic/residency environment taking pride in serving a diverse population in a downtown urban environment.
- Possibility to practice at other locations in the region
- MD or equivalent
- Completion of Family Medicine residency
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Preferably has at least one to two years of academic medicine experience.
- Expected rank is Assistant Professor or higher, however, rank and tenure status is dependent on candidate's qualifications.
We have a highly competitive Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship and a strong Research Division as well as ongoing partnerships throughout the state of Maryland. We have well-established community relationships.
UMB is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Client DescriptionThe University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the heart of the University of Maryland Medical System's downtown campus. The hospital provides comprehensive care for the West Baltimore community and tertiary care for Maryland and the surrounding area. The hospital has more intensive care beds than any other hospital in Maryland.
UMMC is an 814-licensed bed medical center offering inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as emergency and urgent care. Long known for exceptional treatment in trauma, cancer and children’s medicine, UMMC continues to be a leader in preparing physicians to care for patients in a variety of fields. Our 8900 employees—highly trained and dedicated staff, nurses and physicians—provide patients with the most innovative treatment through the latest technology.
UMMC serves community health care and education with the commitment of improving Baltimore and its residents. We are a valued employer and a strong presence in the West Baltimore community and throughout the state.
Baltimore is one of the most interesting Mid-Atlantic cities for entertainment and affordable living. Packed with art, music and sports, Baltimore has plenty to do each season. Weekends host some of the best ethnic and music festivals, outdoor dining and shopping. The surrounding area offers up rail trails that run north to Pennsylvania and across Western Maryland. Hiking, biking, tubing and even whitewater rafting satisfies outdoor interests.
Baltimore is home to many neighborhoods with distinct personalities that attract people from all over the country. There is also a strong collection of colleges and universities, as well as public and private schools. With a hometown symphony, baseball and football teams, and a variety of seafood and local charm, Baltimore serves as a comfortable yet stimulating town.
Physician Sourcing and Retention Specialist
phone: (443) 462-5236