University of Maryland Emergency Medicine is seeking academic BE/BC Emergency Medicine physicians to join our team of distinguished physicians at University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), located in the heart of Baltimore.
Our emergency medicine physicians are faculty members of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, one of the most prominent medical schools in the nation. Our affiliation with the medical school offers physicians an abundance of academic opportunities ranging from clinical research initiatives to lecture opportunities.
Expected rank is Assistant Professor or higher, however, rank and tenure status is dependent on candidate’s qualifications.
What you will find at University of Maryland Medical Center:
- The country’s first and only Integrated Trauma Center
- State-of-the-art triage and intake areas
- Primary Stroke Center designation
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMMS) designated Cardiac Intervention Center
- Advanced airway equipment, including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope, Storz C-MAC) and fiber optic endoscope
- Dedicated psych emergency services
- Active and competitive residency programs
- Annual patient volume of 55,000
- 55 ED beds and 800 inpatient beds
What you can expect from University of Maryland Emergency Medicine:
- Competitive annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
- Tax-free tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
UMMC is an 814-licensed bed medical center offering inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as emergency and urgent care. Long known for exceptional treatment in trauma, cancer and children’s medicine, UMMC continues to be a leader in preparing physicians to care for patients in a variety of fields. Our 8900 employees—highly trained and dedicated staff, nurses and physicians—provide patients with the most innovative treatment through the latest technology.
UMMC serves community health care and education with the commitment of improving Baltimore and its residents. We are a valued employer and a strong presence in the West Baltimore community and throughout the state.
Baltimore is one of the most interesting Mid-Atlantic cities for entertainment and affordable living. Packed with art, music and sports, Baltimore has plenty to do each season. Weekends host some of the best ethnic and music festivals, outdoor dining and shopping. The surrounding area offers up rail trails that run north to Pennsylvania and across Western Maryland. Hiking, biking, tubing and even whitewater rafting satisfies outdoor interests.
Baltimore is home to many neighborhoods with distinct personalities that attract people from all over the country. There is also a strong collection of colleges and universities, as well as public and private schools. With a hometown symphony, baseball and football teams, and a variety of seafood and local charm, Baltimore serves as a comfortable yet stimulating town.
phone: (667) 214-2054