University of Maryland UM Capital Region, a member of the University of Maryland Medical System and operating at Prince George’s Hospital Center, Bowie Health Center, Laurel Regional Medical Center and numerous satellites practices throughout Prince George’s County is looking for a BE/BC OB-GYN, Physician to join the team.
Hospital Women’s Health Unit Specifics:
- 10 LDR’s
- 2 OR in L&D plus 8 OR rooms
- 18 beds on the floor used for postpartum, antepartum, and GYN patients
- Currently Athena and Cerner EMR’s.
Transitioning to Pending EPIC EMR with Stork upon moving to new Hospital in Largo, Maryland, scheduled for June 2021.
- Group comprised of 4 OB-GYN Physicians seeking a 5th
- Support from a comprehensive Maternal Fetal medicine Division
- Hospital performs an average of 1200-1500 deliveries per year
- L & D and continuity of care office coverage
- Scheduled Labor and Delivery and Emergency Department coverage
- Ambulatory practice focused on in-office ambulatory procedures
- Experience with LEEP, colposcopy, sonohysterography, cryosurgery, etc., preferable
- Inpatient & Outpatient settings
- Opportunity to participate in community activities (e.g. educational sessions, health fairs, etc.)
- Approximately five 24 hour on call shifts/ month with post call day off.
- See on average 20-30 patients per day in office setting;4 new patients per day
- 3.0 to 3.5 office days/week and .5 to 1.0 surgical days.
- Ambulatory offices provide clinical services Monday- Friday 8-4:30pm
- Monthly extended hours to include evenings and weekends
Be part of a rich tradition of Medicine while shaping the future of care delivery.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
University of Maryland Capital Region Health (UM Capital) is made up of 14 practices in 8 locations across Prince George's County, MD. Univeristy of Maryland Capital Region (UM Capital) is a 312 bed hospital with more than 700 physicians. We are expanding our medical practices and building a new, state-of-the-art medical center. Our commitment to serving the residents of Prince George’s County and the surrounding areas is demonstrated every day with the county’s only Level II trauma center, Level III NICU and award winning programs.
Prince George’s County is a diverse community centrally located within the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan corridor. With a population of over 900,000, Prince George’s is the second largest county in Maryland. The county lies adjacent to the nation’s capital and is home to some of the region’s most exciting sports, entertainment and arts attractions.