University of Maryland Emergency Medicine is seeking academic BE/BC Emergency Medicine physicians to join our team of distinguished physicians at University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), located in the heart of Baltimore.
Our emergency medicine physicians are faculty members of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, one of the most prominent medical schools in the nation. Our affiliation with the medical school offers physicians an abundance of academic opportunities ranging from clinical research initiatives to lecture opportunities.
Expected rank is Assistant Professor or higher, however, rank and tenure status is dependent on candidate’s qualifications.
What you will find at University of Maryland Medical Center:
- The country’s first and only Integrated Trauma Center
- State-of-the-art triage and intake areas
- Primary Stroke Center designation
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMMS) designated Cardiac Intervention Center
- Advanced airway equipment, including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope, Storz C-MAC) and fiber optic endoscope
- Dedicated psych emergency services
- Active and competitive residency programs
- Annual patient volume of 55,000
- 55 ED beds and 800 inpatient beds
What you can expect from University of Maryland Emergency Medicine:
- Competitive annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
- Tax-free tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.