Academic Emergency Medicine Opportunity at University of Maryland Medical Center!
Work SmartER. Play HardER. Live BettER.
The University of Maryland Medical Center is currently seeking board eligible or board certified Emergency Medicine physicians interested or experienced in an academic career. These academic positions include bedside teaching of residents and medical students and research.
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), was founded in 1863 and is one of the nation’s oldest teaching hospitals. 150 years later, the well-established culture of learning and excellence is still thriving today. The center, located in the heart of downtown Baltimore, continually strives to be on the cutting edge of medical advancement and can boast some impressive credentials, such as one of the nation’s largest transplantation programs; a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center; home to the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the country’s first and only Integrated Trauma Center; and the primary teaching site for the University of Maryland Medical School and over 70 residency and fellowship programs. All of the physicians in this practice receive an academic appointment with the University of Maryland School of Medicine and have the opportunity to teach and learn from a multitude of continuing education forums.
Our Facility Includes:
- Annual patient volume of 55,000
- 55 ED beds and 800 inpatient beds
- 6 bedside ultrasound machines
- Advanced airway equipment, including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope, Storz C-MAC) and fiber optic endoscope
- 3 Resuscitation Rooms and state-of-the-art triage and intake areas
- Active and competitive residency program (EM, EM/Peds, EM/IM and EM/IM/CC)
- Fully staffed and separate on-site pediatric ED
- Dedicated psych emergency services
- Primary Stroke Center designation
- MIEMMS designated Cardiac Intervention Center
- Country’s first and only Integrated Trauma Center
When you join University of Maryland Emergency Medicine, you can expect:
- A very competitive annual salary including bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Relocation reimbursement
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
- Tax-free tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
- Loan forgiveness consultations available
Interested candidates please contact Physician Recruiter, Pearce Coe, at Pcoe@em.umaryland.edu or call (410) 328-2817
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.