Work SmartER. Play HardER. Live BettER.
The University of Maryland Emergency Medicine Network is currently recruiting for BE/BC Emergency Medicine physicians to join their practice in Harford County, Maryland! Physicians in this practice cover the emergency departments at University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and University of Maryland Harford Memorial Hospital, the only two medical centers in the county. Our physicians working at these two sites provide high-quality care to a combined total of 97,000 patients each year.
Both of Our Facilities Offer:
- An ultrasound program, including credentialing, quality assurance and bedside ultrasound machines
- Advanced airway equipment, including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope®)
- Stroke Center Designation (Silver Award recipient)
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (UMUC) is located at the heart of Bel Air, Maryland. The ED was expanded in 2008 to include an adjacent Pediatric ED that is staffed by board-certified pediatric physicians. UCMS’s close proximity to and relationship with the University of Maryland in downtown Baltimore gives physicians working at this site access to a broad array of continuing medical education opportunities. The department includes:
- 200 inpatient beds
- A radiology suite dedicated to providing radiographic imaging services to ED patients only, improving turnaround time of diagnostic services
- Extremely active STEMI program
- Uniform EMR in both our Harford County facilities
University of Maryland Harford Memorial Hospital is a treasured landmark in historic Havre de Grace, a community of 13,000 residents, located 32 miles northeast of Baltimore City. Originally a 21-room Victorian home, the recently renovated hospital has grown substantially since opening its doors in 1910, growing with the population it serves. The renovated facility is an acute care, non-profit hospital, offering a full complement of medical, diagnostic and emergency care services. The department has 125 inpatient beds
University of Maryland Emergency Medicine, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.