University of Maryland Emergency Medicine Network
Emergency Medicine Opportunities Between Washington D.C. and Baltimore
The University of Maryland Emergency Medicine Network has exciting opportunities for BP/BC emergency physicians at Prince George's Hospital Center, Laurel Regional Hospital and Bowie Health Campus. Each opportunity is ideally located between DC and Baltimore. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including: health/dental/life insurance, CME, PTO, incentives, profit sharing, and malpractice.
Prince George's Hospital Center is an acute care teaching hospital and regional referral center conveniently located in Cheverly, Maryland.
The Emergency Services Department is staffed by highly-qualified, board-certified physicians and experienced MLPs that see more than 49,000 patients per year. The department includes:
- 23 acute-care treatment beds including eight private acute-care treatment rooms, a 4-bed resuscitation area, an observation unit, and two trauma rooms
- A state designated Level II Trauma Center and the second busiest trauma center in the state of Maryland seeing over 3,000 trauma patients per year
- A designated STEMI center with a comprehensive Cardiac Care Program including 24-hour cardiac catheterization & open-heart surgery capabilities for all acute heart emergencies - the only hospital in Prince George's County that provides these services
Laurel Regional Hospital is a full-service community hospital conveniently located in Laurel, MD. Nestled on the hospital campus is a free-standing Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Center and the only nationally-accredited Physical Rehabilitation Center in Prince George's County as well as the Gladys Spellman Specialty Care Unit. More than 36,500 patients are seen in the Emergency Department annually in 31 separate treatment areas used to treat both adults and children. These treatment areas include:
- An Acute Care section for patients with life-threatening problems & an Urgent Care section designed to treat patients with less severe conditions
- Several treatment rooms designed and equipped to serve women's healthcare needs & private treatment areas for children
When medical emergencies arise that require the services of specialists, our on-call staff are available to meet specific needs including: Cardiologists, orthopedists, ophthalmologists, obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatricians/neonatologists, plastic surgeons, neurologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals
Bowie Health Campus is a unique 50-acre property located in Bowie, MD that provides for the healthcare needs of all ages & sees 37,000 patients annually. Its comprehensive facilities include the Bowie Health Center, Dimensions Surgery Center, Mullikin Medical Center and Larkin Chase Care and Rehabilitation Center. Bowie is one of the first free-standing emergency medical facility in the state of Maryland that opened in 1979. To better meet the needs of the community, we are now opened 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For emergency medical services, we are usually faster than a hospital-based Emergency Department and provide the following services:
- Level 2 Emergency Services
- Laboratory Service
UMMS hospitals and health care facilities are equal opportunity employers and proud of an environment