Director of Community Health (3-309-996). The University of Maryland School of Medicine’s Department of Medicine’s Infectious Diseases Division and the Institute of Human Virology’s Division of Clinical Care is seeking to hire a Community Health Director to join our existing community health team. Primarily the position will be responsible for supporting the development of the strategy and plan to impact the HIV epidemic in Baltimore, as well as executing against that plan. The position will collaborate closely with the Chief of IHV Clinical Programs, cross-functional groups, including HIV Clinic Director, and established program teams.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Provide strategic direction for the program, to include establishing goals, objectives and implementation plans.
- Support strategic alignment of the current program teams.
- Lead the management of overall program performance and quality improvement.
- Support the development of research agenda, study protocols, and outcomes analysis.
- New grant development.
- Support donor and community relations.
- Medical providers will provide some direct patient care related to the program.
Applicants must hold a MD/DO or PhD degree and have experience in the field of HIV. Non-MD candidates with doctoral degrees are encouraged with appropriate professional background and faculty experience. MD candidates must hold board certification/eligibility in infectious diseases. Experience in infectious disease public and population health is highly desired.
Expected faculty rank for this position is Assistant Professor or higher, however, final rank, tenure status and salary will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other