The University Of Maryland School Of Medicine is currently seeking a board certified Critical Care Intensivist to work in the Critical Care department at Prince George’s Hospital Center (PGHC), located in Cheverly, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, DC. PGHC is an acute care teaching hospital and regional referral center.
- Responsibilities include attending at a tertiary community 34 bed ICU/CCU and 12 bed IMC in all aspects of general hospital care for critical care patients including central lines, arterial lines, and hemodialysis catheters
- Work 26 weeks a year, 7 day blocks and 12 hour shifts
- Round in the CCU, IMC and, Trauma Critical Care Service Line
- Staffed with in-house Anesthesiologists, Hospitalists and Trauma Surgeons 24/7/365.
- Board Eligibility in Critical Care Medicine is required
The Critical Care team provides consultative care and manages ICU patients in the CCU. Additional services provided for Intermediate care units. Medicine team works with Medical Residents, other services partnered with Advanced Practitioners proficient in critical care procedures in addition to the in-house Intensivist.
The University of Maryland is an EOE/AA/ADA and encourages minorities to apply.